You can contact us using our online feedback form. Alternatively you can contact us using the following methods:
Tel: 03000 266590
Fax: 0191 3861770
You can also write to us at:
DLI Museum and Durham Art Gallery
- Open daily 10.00am - 4.00pm (November - March)
- Open daily 10.00am - 5.00pm (April - October)
- Closed Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
Allow 2-3 hours for your visit.
We are now offering an Annual Pass giving you the chance to visit us as many times as you like over 1 year.
- Admission to both the Museum and Art Gallery for one year.
- The chance to sign up to our mailing list to be the first to receive our new Museum and Art Gallery exhibition brochures, advance notice of special events and invites to exhibition previews.
- Adult £4.70
- Adult Concession £3.70
- Child (4 - 16 years) £2.70 (under 4 years free)
- Family Pass (2 adults and up to 3 children) £12.40
- Adult £3.70
- Adult Concession £2.70
- Child (4 - 16 years) £1.70 (under 4 years free)
- Family Pass (2 adults and up to 3 children) £9.40
- Group bookings by arrangement.
Culture Card - Annual Joint Museums Pass
Unlimited admission for one year to the DLI Museum & Art Gallery, Killhope and Binchester Roman Fort.
- Adult £9.00
- Adult Concession £7.30
- Child (4-16) £4.70
Charge includes admission to both Museum and Art Gallery.
- Free parking on site.
- Cycle racks provided by main entrance.
- Café serving drinks, snacks and light lunches.
- Free WiFi throughout the café and whole building.
- Shop with souvenirs, books and gifts for all ages.
- Lift to all floors.
- Assistance dogs allowed.
- Landscaped grounds for picnics, relaxing or exploring, with the 'Jubilee Walk' woodland trail and wheelchair/pushchair friendly paths.
- The DLI is fully accessible for visitors with disabilities. Please contact us for more information to help plan your visit.
- Toilets and baby changing facilities.
Finding Your Way Around...
You will find the DLI Museum on floors 1 and 2 and the Art Gallery on floor 3.
All areas are fully accessible with lift and stairs to all floors.
Planning Your Visit
Visitors by Car
Turn onto A690 from A1 and follow signs to Durham City centre. Take A691 and follow signs to County Hall and the DLI.
Visitors by Train
Durham Station is on the East Coast Main Line and is about a 10 minute walk from the DLI, just follow the signed path.
Visitors by Bus
Buses from the centre of Durham City, Bishop Auckland, Consett, Crook, Darlington, Middlesbrough and Newcastle all stop outside County Hall, which is only a 5 minute walk from the DLI.
Visit http://www.traveline.org.uk/ to help you plan your journey.
Parking is free at the DLI and in the visitors' section of County Hall Car Park.